This article is quite old and English site of opda.cn seems to be down at the moment. However you can use the new site http://www.s60certkey.com to get S60 Developer Certificates. Comment here if you need any help with s60certkey.com.
“opda.cn” is chines web site which provide free Symbian developer certificates used to sign Symbian applications. OPDA Developer Certificates are very powerful because thy do not restrict functionality of mobile applications. This is very important, specially when it comes to using applications like HelloOX2 (Used to hack Nokai N97, 5800 and such Symbian S60v5 devices). Also another important this is that applications signed with OPDA Developer Certificates last longer. The validity period of OPDA Developer Certificate is usually 20 years.
How to get OPDA Developer Certificate
OPDA Team already know how valuable their developer certificates are. So they have changed the registration pages and applications mechanisms to avoid unwanted traffic.Â However this is how I got access to their system few days before and this system still works.
- Go to http://cer.opda.cn/en (Do NOT use www.opda.cn itself.)
- Click “Register” link or use this link to register in “cer.opda.cn”
- After the registration, enter your login details in the login form. (No email address verification required)
- Click “Apply Cer” button and provide details they are requesting. (Â If you do not know the IMEI code of your Nokia phone, please press *#06#Â )
- Go back to “My Certificates” area be clicking “My Certificates” link and wait for the certificate to appear. Approximately it’ll take 10-24 hours to complete this operations. So you can login back and download your certificate later.
- My certificates were generated and ready after 13 hours.
Hardest part of this operation is registering at OPDA site. This method works for now, but I don’t know for how long it will work. Take your chance.
Article on hacking Nokia N97, 5800 and such S60v5 devices will be added shortly.